Quinoa Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
Colorful, super healthy, vegan, low cal yumminess.
- Roast chunks of butternut squash at 450 degrees.
- Saute chopped onion and red bell pepper in a medium stockpot.
- After five minutes add cumin, garlic, one bay leaf, oregano and a pinch cayenne. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups vegetable stock. Bring to simmer.
- Add 1/2 cup Red Quinoa.
- As it returns to a boil, add 2 more cups broth and one can pumpkin puree.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Finish by adding one large can rinsed black beans and chunks of roasted butternut squash. Heat through.
- As a garnish, serve with limes, avocado and cilantro.